Holidays...who doesn't love them? When you're feeling stuck in a dull routine, with busy day after busy day blending into one, stressed out, run down and tired, there's nothing more appealing than heading off somewhere...anywhere to escape from it all. The build up, leaving worries behind, new sights & sounds, no responsibilities...ahhhh. Until you land back with a giant bang to reality and thoughts instantly turn to when you can head off again!
Let's face it, we all need to change it up every now and then and a simple change of scenery for a few days can do wonders. But did you ever come back from a holiday feeling like you need another one, just to recover? You had so much fun but spent the majority of your time partying, or travelling from one cool place to another, or visiting friends, that you never actually got to fully unwind?
I used to feel like this after many a trip away. As fun as they were, going back to work wrecked started to get a little, well...tiring. That was until I experienced my first yoga retreat in 2008, a week long retreat in beautiful Thailand. That one short week changed my whole perspective on holidays. The twice daily yoga was challenging, the lack of nightlife and early mornings all a bit strange and new, but as the week went on I started to feel so good, so alive. By the end of the week I was glowing, happy and so damn chilled. And that was it...I was hooked!
Having experienced numerous retreats since then I truly believe in their value. For me, spending time and money on a retreat is like an investment in your health.
So what is it about a retreat that is so powerful?
1. Less travel worries - you book your place, you show up and that's it
2. More chilling time - there will be some routine, yes, but also plenty of time to really and truly relax, unwind and do nothing
3. Enhanced experience - you're fully immersed in retreat activity, whether it be yoga or something else, without the distractions of daily life
4. The company - you meet new, like-minded cool people from all over the world and travelling alone is completely the norm
5. The place - you get to travel to exotic places with local area knowledge at your finger tips
6. The food - retreats often provide good food and/or you get to sample delicious local delights
7. Fun - retreats are actually good fun, just in a different way
8. Less post holiday blues - you go home feeling GREAT
Want to experience feeling this good after a holiday? Come on a Love Food & Yoga Retreat! Email email@example.com for any questions.